Calhoun County, AL – We believe that all our residents deserve to voice their opinions. All opinions are from the writer and are not the opinion of Calhoun County Journal. Please feel free to include your name or post anonymously. We will not posts threats or accusations. We encourage our reader interaction with this news platform.
Date Submitted January 10, 2023
A Letter to the Editor:
Make no mistake, Mike Rogers, our very own weather-vane politician from the 3rd District in Alabama showed his true colors on the floor of the house. He was very passionate but not about representing openness and supporting positions that favor the everyday citizen but about preserving his privileged position in Congress. Hmm, as a person who considers George Washington and many of the framers as real heroes and true patriots, I do not believe they envisioned our Congress manned by a privileged class of professional politicians protected by a massive war chest of accumulated campaign funds that prevents almost all challenges to his chair for as long as he wishes to keep it.
What exactly was Rogers so worked up about that caused that embarrassing display on the floor of Congress where he vehemently objected to people like Matt Gaetz and Loren Boebert exercising their right to vote their conscience and support not only the rights of those they represent but of all freedom loving Americans? What was in their demands that so upset him?
1. The “holdouts” demanded a vote on Term Limits. Only a swamp creature would object to that! It is total folly to say that Alabama or any other state needs to protect the right of corrupt professional politicians to remain in office forever. Indeed, for the majority of these professional politicians the longer they are in office, the more beholding they are to huge monied special interests that so lavishly wash money over them like a tidal wave.
2. The “holdouts” insisted that Congress be presented with bills based on a single subject…no more omnibus bills. But why would anyone object to omnibus bills the like of which gave us ObamaCare that Nancy Pelosi commented, “We must pass the bill so we can see what is in it”, or bills like the 1.7 trillion omnibus bill just passed that by some estimates includes 550 billion plus in utter waste? Omnibus bills are used by the Swamp to pass measures wherein they can hide waste and fraud that we, the American people, must pay. This may be the most important of all the concessions obtained.
3. And if Kevin McCarthy refused to live up to his commitment to do as he promised, it will only take one single congressperson to motion to remove the speaker. This is known as the Jeffersonian Motion…you know, Thomas Jefferson, the author or our Declaration of Independence and the third President of the United States! McCarthy has turned on MAGA supporters railing against the so-called January 6 uprising and turning on Trump (despite 45s support of McCarthy which is itself confusing). January 6 was no uprising but a righteous protest of very questionable election procedures and outcomes. 4 citizens died on that day and NO police died, despite statements to the contrary. Ray Epps was seen orchestrating the so-called assault on the capitol in which police opened the doors and invited protestors in and yet he has not been arrested or prosecuted. It is suggested that Epps was just one of many hired “orchestrators” on January 6. One agreement was a “Church” style committee formed to look into the weaponization of the FBI and other acronyms in the Federal Government against Americans.
4. The fraudulent COVID mandates are to be ended along with their funding. This “plandemic” orchestrated by Fauci and others has caused the deaths of millions of people across the world.
5. And there was the insistence that Budget bills would stop the ever-growing increases in the debt ceiling.
There were other concessions as well. Even if there were not, the above are significant enough to support the righteous efforts of the “holdouts”.
Several of those listed above would certainly threaten an entrenched ranking member of the Armed Services Committee who by all appearances is more supportive of the border integrity of Ukraine, a country not even an ally of the US, more than our own borders.
The progressive democrats and their liberal media cronies have referred to the spectacle of the “holdouts” as chaos and embarrassing. I congratulate them and would ask Mike Rogers, who the hell are you to insist on your way over theirs. We all vote our conscience when we enter the polling booth. What is the difference in what they did? They held out for “real” concessions for a faux republican from California! Hooray!
*All Letters to the Editors are Opinion Pieces Submitted by readers.
To submit a letter to the editor place click here.