May 24, 2021
This week’s Small Business Spotlight is on Scully’s One Stop Shoppe in Jacksonville! They offer digital printing, vinyl, sublimation, embroidery and custom wood decor on a huge variety of items! They sell lots of blank items that you can personalize, including keychains, travel cups, license plates, hats, tees and beach towels, to name a few!
They are just opening their brand new location at 2750 Pelham Rd S in Jacksonville and filling it with lots of brand new merchandise that can be customized however you want! Their Grand Opening will be this Saturday May 29th and any purchase made on that day gets you entered to win 1 of 3 store gift cards! Owner Dee Sculthorpe took the time to tell me all about her business!
- Tammy (T): How did your business begin?
- Dee (D): About 5 years ago, I had all my grandkids playing sports and we were spending so much money buying shirts, I decided to start making them myself! I worked at Honda, so I just did this on the side and different people kept asking me to make shirts for them and it just grew from there.
- T: You’ve had a few shops before this, right
- D: I tried the booths out at Kolectic Treasures and Cottons, and it’s a little different than what they normally carry in the store, so now I’ve got my own store and can do things the way I want.
- T: Tell me about your brand new location here in Jacksonville.
- D: We’re in between Weaver and Jacksonville, at 2750 Pelham Rd South, Suite 4. I searched hard for this place because rental prices are really high. The last spot in this center just got filled with Precious Painting, a sip and paint place, so we’re really excited to have the area full now!
- T: What kind of things do you sell here?
- D: Something new that we’re doing is carrying things for the shirt makers, the blank tee shirts, the vinyl, the sublimation shirts, blank hats, blank keyrings, mouse pads, anything you can think of that you can print on. We do our own printing, embroidery, sublimation, digital print and vinyl. We’ve also added window signs recently.
- T: What kind of extra services are you able to offer?
- D: My son buys a lot of items wholesale and he’s decided to set up here with us. He’s got a lot of tools, small kitchen appliances. We’re setting up a display for the furniture too, with beds, mattresses, couches, and desks.
- T: It’s always been important to you to keep good quality and low prices, as well.
- D: That’s what got me into this business, I want anyone that has a child in a sport, I want them to be able to afford it. I sponsor a lot of softball teams and different sports that need shirts. I work with private teams for their practice shirts and put numbers on their helmets.
- T: Tell me what‘s going to be happening at your Grand Opening?
- D: It’ll be Saturday May 29th, from 9am-3pm! We’ll be having major giveaways, for a $100, $50, and $25 gift certificate. We’ll be giving away some hats, tee shirts and keychains.
I hope you enjoyed this Small Business Spotlight. I’ll be back with another small business owner next week!